Bonnes fêtes et meilleurs voeux pour 2014
- De la manipulation des symboles : «les valeurs», «évaluation» 24 décembre 2013
- Les différentes étapes de l’évolution de l’Occident: Aristote, Descartes, Korzybski, Trois visions de l’homme et du monde 23 décembre 2013
- Union bancaire: Gaël Giraud dans « l’Invité des Matins » sur France culture 23 décembre 2013
- Normand Baillargeon: LE PETIT COURS D’AUTODÉFENSE INTELLECTUELLE 22 décembre 2013
- La Khan Academy débarque en langue française ! 17 décembre 2013
- Cédric Aubouy: Clown et science abstraite 17 décembre 2013
- Jean Lassalle, le député Modem marcheur qui vient d’achever son tour de France à pied 13 décembre 2013
- URUGUAY : Le discours « poétique » du président Mujica plébiscité sur le Net 13 décembre 2013
- Steve Stockdale: « General Semantics: An Approach to Effective Language Behavior » at the MOOC 10 décembre 2013
- L’île logique 6 décembre 2013
- L’université perdue de Pierre Jourde sur France culture 29 novembre 2013
- Interzone Editions: Publications 19 novembre 2013
- Marie Martin-Pécheux : “BIOÉCONOMIE ET SOLIDARISME – POUR UNE ÉCONOMIE AU SERVICE DE LA VIE » 7 novembre 2013
- L’économie templière en Occident : patrimoines, commerce, finances 7 novembre 2013
- Aristotelian and non-Aristotelian economies 7 novembre 2013
- La philosophie du non de Gaston Bachelard 20 octobre 2013
Subject: watt plays live three times the week he turns fiftysix!
tonight is one of those kinds
of times I get to do hellride
w/porno for pyros’ perk + peter,
melding real-o mind w/trane using
much respect and total freakouts
wednesday, december 18 at 10 pm
at the mint, 6010 w. pico bl.
l.a., ca (323) 954-9400
_ _ _ _ _
this friday is my 56th bday
+ both my secondmen + my
missingmen will play w/me
together at the same time!
december 20 at 10 pm
at di piazza’s, 5205 e. pch
long beach, ca (562) 498-2461
_ _ _ _ _
saturday is the big fling for dean
dean the prancing machine (I did
not put dean’s name twice by mis-
take, by the way) at dave’s new
pad so me + my secondmen
will be breaking it in buck wild
december 21 at 7:45 pm
cafe nela, 1906 cypress av.
cypress park, ca (323) 332-2027
| | | | |
« comfort & joy » is a special limited-edition
christmas compilation album, from which
all proceeds will go toward providing
resources for homeless youth. I gave
these fine folks a version of « the
first noel » I did on solo bass.
| | | | |
brand new from brother oli! he’s got
my voice and bass here:
plus he let me mix it.
– – – – –
and now there’s more!
he’s got my bass here:
| | | | |
me and raymond’s new band called
sock-tight just released our debut
recording, double seven inch vinyl
in a gatefold sleeve
| | | | |
finally, I’m glad to let you know me + my
fratelli cooked up second il sogno del marinaio
album last week in bologna, e fatta!
I’m pleased to announce I will be team-teaching my first Massive Open Online Course (or MOOC). This type of free online course provides an alternative means to deliver and experience educational offerings to anyone in the world with access to the Internet.
The course is titled General Semantics: An Approach to Effective Language Behavior, based on a Communication Studies course that Mary Lahman, Ph.D., has taught at Manchester University in Indiana for fifteen years. Greg Thompson, Ph.D. and visiting anthropology professor at BYU, rounds out our teaching team. So participants will benefit from three different perspectives about General Semantics.
Registration is now open for the six-week class that begins 13 January 2014. There is no fee for registration or materials – it’s completely free, offered through the Canvas Network . Here’s the description:
This course provides an introduction to general semantics—the study of how we transform our life experiences into language and thought. Students will learn how their language habits and behaviors, as well as how they think about and share experiences, are what make them uniquely human. In other words, students will discover the critical, but sometimes subtle distinctions between what happens in their lives and how they talk about what happens.
The course will include readings from a wide array of disciplines, such as communication studies, neuroscience, and cultural anthropology. It will also include visual and auditory demonstrations through music and social media, and collaborative interactions with fellow learners. These types of learning experiences allow students to not only learn about more effective language behaviors, but also practice those new behaviors in order to communicate more effectively and appropriately in interpersonal and organizational contexts.
To enroll, simply click the blue ENROLL button on this page.
The course content is organized into weekly modules. Participants can work at their own pace and sequence, with activities and exercises arranged to facilitate learning.
This is a great opportunity to try something new, both in terms of the subject matter and educational format. After five days of open registration it looks like we have participants signed up from four continents. Feel free to enroll and participate as much, or as little, as you wish. We’ll all learn something together, although those « somethings » may be quite different.
Attached is an information sheet about the course. Please consider sharing with your social media networks or with anyone who might be interested in learning something like General Semantics in an international virtual classroom.